Since 2015 I organize “Adventure Nights”. A series of lectures with your average adventurers. Normal people who cycled across continents, drove their motorbikes to the end of the world or cycled across the ocean (Yes, this is possible). Normal people like you and me, giving talks about their adventures. Inspiring the audience to take on the backpack and get out there!
People who gave talks are:
- Ebrahim Hematnia : Crossing the Atlantic Ocean with a special made “bikeboat”
- Joren Kruit: Cycling from Groningen to Istanbul
- Martijn Regterschot : Motorbike from Groningen to Padang (Indonesia)
- Remco van der Noord: Motorbike from Leeuwarden to Mongolia and back (trough skype, on location. After the journey in real life)
- Roy Williams: Longboard from Rotterdam to Istanbul (made it till Serbia)
- Henk van Dillen : Cycling from Rotterdam to Singapore on a 2nd hand bike
- Johanneke & Douwe Dijkstra: From Leeuwarden to Paris on a Vespro bike
- Arjan Ulrich: Walking from Alkmaar to New York
- Dorien Kramer: Cycling through China
- Cliquo: Riding on a self made “Bakbrommer” through Europe
- Lucie Mensinga: What happens when you travel by bike?
- Bas Rotgans: My obsession with cycling self made borders.
- Marin Leus: Green adventures without a house (about her digital nomadism)
- Sedat Cakir: Walking from Zaandam to Istanbul
- The three left hands: driving an old van from Leeuwarden to South Africa
For questions about an Adventure Night or speaking there, just get in touch!